Labels

Monday, February 13, 2012

L #7- Always Time to Die

I've had this Elizabeth Lowell book sitting on my "to-read" shelf for quite some time.  The pile is getting daunting.  And somehow I still add to it, or upload books to my nook and never quite make a dent.  So I decided to try to get through some of the pile.

This book is about the Quintrell and Castillo families.  They have lived closely for many generations.  At the start of the book, Senator Quintrell has just passed away.  His son, governor Quintrell, has presidential aspirations.  But there are secrets in the family closet.  Secrets that are very disturbing.  Aunt Winifred, sister in law to the Senator, hires Carly May to write the Castillo (maternal side) family history. Carly starts to uncover the secrets and her life is threatened.  She meets Dan Duran, who has grown up and lived closely with the Quintrell and Castillo families.  Dan helps Carly start to piece together the mystery of why someone wants her dead, and why Aunt Winifred is so intent on the Castillo history.

I found this book enjoyable, if a lot predictable.  I saw the ending coming a mile away.  But that's not always a bad thing. 

390 pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment