Labels

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

L #2- Catching Fire

Well, I guess it was obvious this was my next stop.  I started Catching Fire yesterday morning, after finishing The Hunger Games at 2 am.  I only had 80 pages left yesterday when I decided to do the sensible thing and actually get a decent nights' worth of sleep.  So I finished it today.

This story picks up where the last left off.  Katniss and Peeta have returned from the Hunger Games.  Their lives are never to be the same.  Katniss is on thin ice in the Capital, where it appears as though she has defied them in order to bring Peeta home alive with her.  However, the citizens adore her.  They see her and Peeta as star crossed lovers.  Halfway through the book, a twist is revealed, and Katniss and Peeta are faced with their lives in danger yet again.

I really enjoyed this book as well.  Despite the fact that the story has the same type of premise, I found it to be less violent and easier to read in that sense.  My love for Peeta only grew stronger and I can't wait  to find out what the future holds for all of the districts of Panem.

271 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment